By: Ashley Noack, CCH
LEO – THE LION
(July 23-August 22)
Element: Fire—Passion, Enthusiasm, Inspiration
Planet: Sun—Vitality, Truth, Authority
Body Parts Ruled: Back & Spine / Heart
Enthusiastic / Powerful / Creative / Cheerful / Noble / Extravagant / Affectionate
There is no better known aspect in a person’s birth chart, than the sun sign. This is how we self-express and consciously exercise our will in the world. There is no sign more connected to the Sun than the zodiac’s own golden child—Leo. Leo rules all fifth house activities—play, children, romance, and creative self-expression. They shine with pride and with the Sun as their planetary ruler, Leo’s do truly glow with pure life force energy. The Sun is also our conscious self, the Ego, and Leos are, undoubtedly, the centers of their own universes.
It is only natural that the Lion would possess ‘star quality.’ Besides their penchant for making an entrance and their shining persona, their gravitas and demanding presence makes for a royal sign. You can’t help but feel the warmth and charm of witty, vivacious, and loquacious Leo. The radiant confidence of a Lion naturally makes them the rulers of their own kingdom. This self-assurance, though, can lead them Leos to become overly authoritative, willful, dramatic, even selfish and dogmatic at their worst.
Despite the Lion’s formidable presence, Leo never expects more from others than they would of themselves. However, Leos do expect to be great. Leos are willing to work to be great, but they need appreciation and admiration from their adoring fans. The sign is very loyal to others, only so long as they’re being served plenty of praise. Like a child, Leo is very proud of its’ creations, space, and loved ones. And there isn’t a quicker way to dim a Leo’s light then by failing to acknowledge their magnificence. It is very hurtful if a Leo’s gifts go unnoticed or efforts unacknowledged. The lion is truly very open-hearted and giving and bring sunshine to the lives of everyone around them. So, if a Leo throws you some good vibes, give it back. They’ll be there when your spirits need it.
All the world is a stage for theatrical Leo, and they rightly despise the dull, mundane, and every day. Drama of any kind is better than ordinary. The lion figures, ‘why not live to the biggest and fullest,’– even if it’s hyperbolic or spotted with melodrama. This extends further to their magnanimous nature. A love of luxury and a tendency towards extravagance means that a Leo will not always conserve energy or money well. They are prone to excessive partying and living the good life. And to be sure, there are some hedonistic tendencies that lead this fat cat towards lazy streaks. All work and no play is oh-so-boring and can make a Leo them dreadfully unhappy. Thankfully, nothing dampens Leos’ spirits for too long, and they quickly bounce back from bad habits or creative quagmires.
Our hearts moves the blood to nourish and breathe life into each living cell, and Leo has the heart of a Lion. Leo rules the heart, being marked by courage, warmth, joy and love of life. Simultaneously, the cat, a nimble and resilient creature, also rules the spine. Lions are usually graced with good coordination, and a limber, but regal posture. They are naturally inclined towards having robust health and a strong, vital constitution. Even when they take on too many projects, they easily rebound. They readily recover, too, from illness and are back to their incandescent selves in no time. However, because Leo rules the heart, they need to take care to monitor for high blood pressure and atherosclerosis throughout their life. As long as they stay active, which comes easily to Leo, and moderate their indulgences with life-giving whole foods they’ll maintain good health and longevity.
Wellness Tips for Leo:
- Make plenty of time for recreation, especially to play outdoors or soak up the sunshine. Sunbathing is a need for Leos.
- Indulge in resveratrol-rich foods like grapes, blueberries, pomegranates, and raspberries
- Technically… red wine and dark chocolate are great sources of heart-healthy antioxidants. Just remember moderation, dear Leo.
- Infuse cardio-tonic herbs for a revitalizing tea, including Hibiscus, Rosehips, Rooibos, Hawthorn, Green Tea, Rosemary, Rose petals, Cinnamon, Ginger, Motherwort, and Linden.
- Get regular aerobic exercise for at least 20-30 minutes 4-6x a week for a happy heart.
- Scheduling regular chiropractor visits and massage therapy sessions will keep Leo’s nimble spine relaxed and strong.
- Avoid fried foods and hydrogenated fats to prevent clogged arteries, and enjoy cholesterol-balancing fats from omega-rich flax, hemp, and fish oils instead.
- Leo entrains to the people around them. So remember, you are the company you keep, so keep great company. No haters in the Leo entourage– surround yourself with people who bring our your best.
- When Leo’s ego is collapsed, they can fold at their core and place unnecessary strain on their back. It’s important to stand tall and self-assured and accept setbacks or failures with grace.
- Leos may overconfidence, may lead to overexertion—Put your pride aside enough to stay mindful of your physical limits and take appropriate time for rest and ask for help when you need it.
- Leos love bettering themselves and prioritizing self-care allow them to self-centered. We can all learn to be a bit more selfish in this way, as self-care fosters a strong sense of pride, self-dignity, and independence. Treat yourself, Leo.
Herbs for Leo’s
These suggestions are intended to be informative and enlightening. They do not replace the guidance of a healthcare professional.
BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TO GET NOTIFIED WHEN THEY COME OUT.